Comfort Care Hospice, Inc. provides palliative care while enhancing the patient’s quality of life through intensive treatment of pain and other symptoms. Comfort Care Hospice, Inc. has professional staff members devoted to delivering comfort and quality care at a time when it is needed the most. Our services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Comfort Care’s hospice team consists of the following:
- Medical Director — directs the hospice team, works with the patient’s attending physician to manage symptoms, and make house calls as needed;
- Registered Nurse — supervises all aspects of the patient’s physical and emotional care, directs the Licensed Vocational Nurse in providing hands-on care and the Hospice Aide in attending patient’s grooming, bathing, and all other activities of daily living;
- Social Worker — provides emotional support, referral resources, financial counseling, answer psychosocial concerns that affect patient and loved ones;
- Chaplain — addresses spiritual concerns and counseling, grief support, arranges also visits by clergy of choice;
- Volunteer Coordinator — oversees the volunteers for companionship visits, provides indirect support to the patient;
- Bereavement Coordinator — assists with the survivor’s grief for up to one year, provides resources, counseling, and referrals.